Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prestons_garden

Another stupid move allowed by our government.

prestons_garden
10 years ago

As long as our government makes pathetic choices, "we are all doomed".

Here is a link that might be useful: Bee Killers

This post was edited by prestons_garden on Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 0:06

Comments (5)

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

The problem is the side against this product resort to mail campaigns based on emotional appeal instead of putting moneys into studies. They will fail to stop anything with this approach. Nobody cares what the average Joe thinks. As the average Joe bases opinions on emotions and hearsay.
    I would disregard that too. I would also approve the product, as the studies so far are not that bad. This type of protest is exactly why the country is in bad shape as very few decisions in any field are based on logic, but based on emotion. Just the title of this threads screams that out. Get used to failure with this approach.

Canada also looks like they will approve this chemical. Canada is going organic, yet approved this. Many pesticides are no longer available in Canada, and some you must register to obtain. It looks like 400 studies were looked at. The opponents I guess decided that further studies were useless, and went for the emotional appeal.

This post was edited by Drew51 on Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 12:00

• bob_z6
    10 years ago

I thought that most pesticides are highly toxic to bees- hence why you shouldn't spray when the trees are in bloom. Is there something particularly bad about this one? If not, it doesn't really add any additional danger to the bees.

The article says that it is needed because traditional pesticides are becoming less effective. If that is causing them to be sprayed more, this new one could actually help.

• prestons_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

"I would also approve the product, as the studies so far are not that bad."

The problem with the EPA releasing this product is always the same, "use it right now and deal with the consequences later."

As long as it promotes our agri business to make more money, they don't care about the long term effects. It's a big government business that will do whatever it takes to make our country the largest agricultural exporter.

Do you really think science tests from a government approved lab is giving you a full science report?
    If you think so, you have no idea the way our government has structured its own strict science guidelines, which tests are performed and how all test results are sent directly back to our government for review. During this review process, the results will be altered so the publication will make the public feel safe. The government has control of which science reports are released to the public and in what context. You will never know the truth about scientific studies in this country as long as it's a government approved lab doing the research.

What if it was a privately funded lab? Good luck with that, the government will shut that lab down so fast and you will go bankrupt in the courts process.

So when you see a scientific research report from an approved government lab, remember it's, "junk science".

• curtis
    10 years ago

You have to understand a couple things about the government point of view. I'll start with the cynical one. Money. government people take it in all sorts of ways. but everyone knows at least a little about about how that works so on to the other.

From the governments point of view they are responsible for the people as a whole regardless of what might come along. So the government is always going to side with whatever gives them the most hope for a large ongoing food supply. Same thing with questionable vaccines and so on. Easier to pull a bad product from the market then to do something for a starving or epidemic stricken population. If you were faced with the chess board they are (in hypotheticals not realities) you would make different decisions for the whole country then you would when deciding just for your family.

Not trying to justify anything they do, just pointing out there is more to it then just the money.

• prestons_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

"Not trying to justify anything they do, just pointing out there is more to it then just the money."

It's too bad that money trumps Americas Health when our government gets involved. It is all about the money.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio