Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heirloom apples orchards in Minnesota

Posted by kinniguy 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 23:10

Looking to try some heirloom apples grown in mn (cox orange, ashmeads, etc.) does anyone know of any mn heirloom growers?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirloom apples orchards in Minnesota

You might try St.Lawrence Nurseries in New York.They have many older varieties of apples.Unfortunitly they don't have their catalog on line after their season ends.I have a catalog and it shows Ashmeads.Try getting their phone number and calling them.Or maybe send them an email.

o

Consider ordering from Fedco trees in Maine. They carry heirloom apples hardy to your area, including the ones you mentioned. Their catalog appears in early fall for spring ordering.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fedco Trees

This post was edited by swampsnaggs on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 19:24

o

• Posted by bob_z6 6b/7a SW CT (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 9:13

If you are looking to try eating (as opposed to growing) heirloom apples, you may want to check out OrangePippins orchard directory for the state.

o

Kinniguy I have some antique varieties in my nursery. Trees are on cold hardy, semi dwarf rootstock. I am located in Nebraska. Feel free to email me if you are interested in talking apples. My email address is on my info page.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here