Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dwn special order for n/s california gw forum members

Posted by hoosierquilt z10a/23 Vista Calif (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 23:53

Since several of us in California are having difficulties purchasing some of the commercial and less commonly available varieties of stone fruits and pomes by DWN, tmunson and I are going to put together a group purchase for those in California who are near us, as well as for any GW Fruits & Orchards forum members.

We have to stick to residents of California, due to quarantine restrictions going across state lines. We are going to try to start in groups of 5 varieties, with a minimum order of 10 trees per variety for a sub total of 50 trees. If we get 50 trees spoken for, we'll offer another 5 varieties of 10 trees each. If we can get to a total of 150 trees ordered, we can then open the special order up to additional single trees (for those who want "one of everything").

We'll be ordering them on a dwarfing rootstock (Citation for prunus, and New Root 1 for cherries)which should do well across the board for those in N. & S. California. Here are the first 5 choices we're going to order. If any of our California forum members are interested in participating, and would like to add any of the below varieties to their orchard, you can email me at hoosierquilt@aol.com to be added to the list:

1. Honey Royale nectarine
2. Honey Blaze nectarine
3. Tasty Rich aprium
4. Sandra Rose cherry
5. Sweet Treat pluerry

Patty S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dwn special order for n/s california gw forum members

Almost makes me want to move to California,Patty. :) Brady

o

Thanks, Brady :-) We've adjusted the line up a wee bit, due to the pleurry being available to folks via the SOFT program. Here's our new line up, thanks to some help from fruitnut. These are tentative until we confirm availablility:

1. Honey Blaze nectarine
2. Honey Royale nectarine
3. Flavor Treat pluot
4. Tasty Rich aprium
5. Flavorella plumcot
6. Sandra Rose cherry

All will be on semi-dwarfing rootstocks.

Patty S.

o

Whats the Flavor Treat pluot? Highly rated?

o

Frank:

It's my latest maturing stone fruit. Big, beautiful, meaty, and very sweet. But too late for WI.

o

Too bad I never get more than 300-500 chill hours here or I would put in an order:-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here