Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don Yellman

Posted by Appleseed70 6 MD (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 23:56

Does anyone know whatever happened to Don Yellman? I read and lurked here for years before joining and I always enjoyed that guys posts. I think he went by "jellyman" maybe, and I remember he was from Great Falls, Va.
I've searched many things online related to fruit growing and so often I'd get gardenweb hits that were posts by Don.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don Yellman

As far as I know he's fine, just retired for several years now, .. we all get there.

o

He hasn't posted for a long time...has he?

o

I miss him as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

o

That was from 4 years ago milehighgirl. I guess he just gave up on the forum. That's pretty disappointing. I must have read 1000's of posts from him and harvestman and many others over the years before finally joining here. Shame I didn't get the chance to dialogue with him.
I paid particular attention to his and scottsmith's posts due to their proximity to me.
I hope scottsmith, olpea, harvestman and others don't "pull up stakes"...us amatuers would be SOL and left to our own devices. If some of you knew some of the ridiculously stupid things I've done and tried in years past you'd find it hilarious. I'd always do or try something...then go read and study about it to see if I had done right after the fact. In most cases the answer was a big fat NO.
I still do fully retarded things all the time, but I have at least learned to read and study first and act later.
Baby steps...lol

o

Appleseed,

I also miss aceofspades who died suddenly last February.

I started to make a list of the people here who have been of incredible help to me and I realized there is no way to list everyone. Suffice it to say that I think if someone wants to leave the forum it should be put to a vote of it's members;)

o

Yeah...yeah...I remember reading his posts too. That's terrible. How old was he milehighgirl, and how did you find out he passed?

o

Appleseed70,

Here is a link to the post:

Here is a link that might be useful: Looking for aceofspades (Grover Barnett)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here