Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Wonder Wild Strawberry

Posted by gardengal13 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 6:30

Anyone try these? I am making my new seed list for next year and found these at Baker Creek. Not even done with this year's garden but I am already making big plans for next year. Guess you can say I am hooked lol. I am already a huge fan of golden raspberries and the moment I get a yard, I will be placing an order for these raspberries. And now I discover these strawberries and people say they are more sweet than the reds just like the raspberries. I can't wait to try these :D.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Wonder Wild Strawberry

I grew them this year. They are pretty good but output was low, and the plant looks like it will die now. It caught a fungal disease. I treated it, but not sure it will make it? I don't care because the pineberries were bigger and better. The White D cultivar is the one to get. Sold at Burpee's and one place in TN. I forgot the name? I also enjoyed the red Alpines more than the white. Some cultivars are way better than others, as many exist.

o
RE: Yellow Wonder Wild Strawberry

Mmm pineberries look good too. Thanks for bringing them up. I haven't tried them either. Going to add them to my list too lol. Hope I can find a big enough garden next year. I love berries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here