Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vjeko_gw

pomegranate - about 6 yrs old no fruit

vjeko
9 years ago

It's the same story with this pomegranate for the last 6 years - plenty of flowers but earlier or later, they all fall off - no fruit.
The story with the two small pomegranates next to it is different - the one on the photo is 2 years old - 4 pomegranates, and one on the other side (which had almost dried up one year, but is growing well now) - 1 pomegranate.

I have heard that some pomegranates take quite a few ears before they fruit, but maybe there is some other problem/something else I should also try.

The pomegranate in question has been leaning a bit, so I had some stakes/line to hold it during winter wind period. I had no idea why it was leaning but it may be due to very very small ants (a problem to which I was blind). At the start of spring, I put glue barrier on the trunk and decided to remove the stakes and water it where the stakes were - I poured approx 50l of water before the water stopped disappearing - not sure if this is related to the ants.

Any thoughts on what I should try (I have even let a few branches sprout from the ground in case it would be a good idea to remove the old trunk) - not sure what to do