Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenhorn4sur

Transplanting Live Raspberry & Blackberry Plants

Greenhorn2
9 years ago

Hey All....i have gotten overcrowded with all the suckers that came up this spring and are now plants in themselves....i have some mature plants 5-7 foot tall some that i want to give away because of overcrowding and i want to change varieties around by adding some new potted plants i have that are growing, i have bought many on Ebay in the spring and fall that i guess were growing and they were bare rooted in moist medium to ship......however i want to transplant some of these mature plants without cutting them down if possible so they will get a full harvest.....last year i removed many plants in November once the temp went down below 4o degrees and plants went into dormancy, and replanted the in new beds and they grew phenomally.........i hear you can yank raspberries anytime by severing the root from mother plant and hydrating immediately, then plant and they will take.

any feedback on this issue as my everbearing's are still growing and fruiting all at the same time now with about another month of growing before a frost may come in an stop growth for the season, i need to thin the herd....make room for other cultivars

thanx

Comments (7)