Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamiestalter

Question about apple trees

jamiestalter
9 years ago

Hello. I purchased a house a year ago with two apple trees. We moved in last July and we didn't do anything to the trees and they bared a lot of fruit. The people we bought the house from didn't take care of the house so I doubt they took care of the trees. We had a really harsh winter with -20 temps and feet of snow. Now I don't know anything about apple trees but I figured since they bared fruit last year and we didn't do anything we would continue the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" methodology. However, this year the apples are small and already very red. They are SUPER buggy. I don't think we have one apple that doesn't have little holes in it. My question its, since its already has bared fruit its its to late to spray them to help the crop. If its not what should I use. Also would its shock the tree if i pruned its a little bit to cut some of the higher branches off and get branches away from the electric wire. Please help me because I love my trees and I want to get a healthy crop this year.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida