Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP: borer treatment on fruit trees....?

Posted by vieja z7NM (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 11:57

In the past I have used one kind/variety of mothballs (another kind doesn't work!)& also 'Bore-Sol' around the soil on the fruit trees but it (& most other kinds!) are no longer available. On the ash tree borers we used ACE pellets pounded into the bark as the sap went up in the spring... but cannot be used for fruit trees. Now I find Bayer has a product: Bayer Tree & Shrub Protect & Feed Dual-Action Formula for borers that can be used in the soil around fruit trees BUT... the fruit that year cannot be eaten! Anyone have something else that can be used for fruit tree borers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP: borer treatment on fruit trees....?

Triazide sprayed around the base at petal fall and again a month later would probably do the trick. Cornell recommends this timing with other pyrethroids for NY growers.

Of course, it would be better to run with recs from your own states land grant university.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here