Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cliff England impressive new 2014 scionwoods list

Posted by tonytran 5A Omaha, NE (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 11:58

Cliff England had a bunch of new persimmon hybrids from Rossyanka male. Nice inventory!!

Tony

Here is a link that might be useful: England Orchard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cliff England impressive new 2014 scionwoods list

Thanks for the heads-up, Tony. He also has some great kakis, asian pears, pawpaws, jujubes, nuts, etc.

Scott

o

Tony, what an extensive list thank you so much. What will you order? Mrs. G

o

MrsG,

Cliff is going to send me some of his persimmon hybrids from the Rossyanka male crosses for a cold hardy trial here in Omaha. At his place in KY, the temp will not drop to -15 to-20F.

Tony

This post was edited by tonytran on Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 19:59

o

His DL-1-1 cross tastes great!! It has rosseyenka blood in it but larger (rosseyenka is tiny, not sayin DL is large, just large-er maybe 2x size to put in roughly great wall category size) and tastes just awesome. I think I do like rosseyenka flavor in general tho so I may be partial to these rosseyenka hybrids.

offtopic but can persimmon get bacterial canker...? i feel like my rosseyenka got somethin canker-esque goin on this year...

o

Persian,

So far I have not seen any bacterial canker on my Rosseyanka hybrid persimmon. Will keep an eye on it. My Nikita's Gift is flawless. The fruits are turning orange color now. I am starting to really like this hybrid.

Tony

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here