Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cantelope won't fruit

Posted by broncos7 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 13:11

I started a garden in febuary of this year got tomatoes and cantelope to grow. they will flower but not fruit. is it to hot right now or is there some other problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cantelope won't fruit

Wow, from Feb to now and no melons....that's a long time. It might be too late, but the only thing I can suggest is a dose of fertilizer high in phospherous, and keep watering.

o

Do you have bees?

o

I would suggest hand polination but I have to agree with edweather it is getting very late. I live in Arizona and my melons are done. Not sure where you are at, but we only have about 2-3mo tell a freeze. Sorry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here