Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sugar Sweet Cherry

Posted by iKandyXotics 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 13:44

I have noticed My sugar sweet cherry isn't doing well?? Or is it?? I know it is Fall , but I am not sure this is right? What could be the problem? I am in northern Florida and we have had tons of rainfall , could that have been an issue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sugar Sweet Cherry

another

o

one more

o

Looks like this is a Nanking cherry bush, pollination might be a problem.

o

It is I have 2 of them.

o

Cherries look ratty in fall in hot climates, I expect that is what is going on. They prefer cooler climates.

Scott

o

Ohh ok , it seemed to do well most of the time until we got all that rain! Looks like I need to move haha :)

o

• Posted by lkz5ia z5 west iowa (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 15:30

I don't know about moving, just need to grow better fruits for your climate. Nanking cherry is more for the cold zones that don't have as many options.

o

Wow , and I could have swore the site said up to zone 8?? I always ck to make sure before i BUY :*(

o

Agree with lkz5ia, you have sooo...much more better Joice's for
your climate.
Not sure why you say sugar sweet cherry,....far from it.
If I was you, ..grafting a sugar sweet plum to it.

o

Sugar Sweet Cherry was the Title for this Cherry :*( on www.burgessseedandplantco.com ..Well I guess I will notgo back there anymore....That is just fantasic...

o

So much BS in their website..., bad, horrible ratings.
This is what they say about this cherry,

Sugar Sweet cherry is an extra sweet, extra delicious dark, ruby-red bush cherry. Wonderful tasting fruits have the sweetness of Bing, but Sugar Sweet cherry is more crack-resistant and produces a better quality cherry. Simply delicious eating! Sugar Sweet cherry is a van type variety cherry that is self-pollinating, and it is one of the best pollinators for other types of cherries. Produces large yields at an early age. We ship 1 1/2 - 3' plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here