Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mes111

Record Keeping Journal

mes111
10 years ago

OK... SO NO SOFTWARE...
BUT...

Can anyone share a design or style of a journal . With so many variables and sub-layers I am just drawing a blank as to how to design the record keeping.

Thanx
Mike

Comments (8)

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    10 years ago

Is this for a business? A small farm business? Anywho, needing record keeping i'm guessing you need to tend a larger scale than just a homeowner or small gardening journal...

For others looking in, i highly recommend the LeeValley journal, a 10 yr massive well made journal that is great for tracking your year-to-year garden. I've had mine for at least 8 years and will use it for many more. Not just limited to ten yrs.
    I keep mine on my pantry shelf and refer to it often and use it for year by year notes and seed starting dates and successes and failures...

Here is a link that might be useful: gardening journal

• mes111
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sleeve...

I have a non-commercial orchard with 65-70 assorted fruit trees.

I am trying to figure out how to keep records so that I can easily retrieve past info for pest pressure, disease, treatments used, weather events, ripening dates under varying circumstances.

I guess I will have to design database for myself.

I was wondering if anyone has run across something like this?

Mike

This post was edited by mes111 on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 6:36

• eboone_gw
    10 years ago

Mike,

If there was something like you are describing available, I would love to try it. I need to keep better records to help me improve my production and quality of fruits. If you find or design something useful, let us know! Unfortunately I dont think I have the skill to design it.

Ed

• mes111
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If I can figure it out I will post here

Mike

• milehighgirl
    10 years ago

I haven't used this but it was on a link in the hosta forum:

Here is a link that might be useful: AZZ Cardfile

• HGFzone8
    10 years ago

Here is what I do. I use MS Word to make Spay logs and Fertilizer logs for each year. It is easy to set up an automatic table of contents that has a got to function.

As an Example if I sprayed today. I would have and entry Wednesday September 25, 2013
    Under that I would type in gallons used of what spray and each trees sprayed by type. Then when I go to the logs table of contents, I click on that date and it takes me that spray date.

I also keep a layout of what trees are planted where. This is a must.

• mes111
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HGF

What is "an automatic table of contents that has a got to function" and how would it work?

Please forgive my ignorance..

Mike

• steve_5a
    10 years ago

I suspect he means a table of contents with an auotmatic go to function (i.e. click on the heading and it takes you to that section in the document).