Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamboo_rabbit

Chlorotic Pomegranate

bamboo_rabbit
11 years ago

Ok these pomegranates are giving me fits. I have a long hedge of poms of a bunch of different varieties that have been growing ok but not great. The new leaves get very chlorotic. At first I thought it was the wood chip mulch making it too acid so raked the mulch away, nothing....so gave them a shot of dolomite....no change. I am not over watering them, in fact have not watered them at all since June. We do get abundant rainfall this time of year but they were chlorotic before the rains started. I read today that too high of a phosphorous level can cause chlorotic leaves in poms. That could be the cause as the area i'm in use to be mined heavily for phosphorous. The only fertilizer allowed to be sold in the county has 0 phosphorus. If that is the case does anyone know how to fix it?

I did fertilize the plants once this summer with rabbit manure maybe a couple pounds per plant but no chemical fert.

No picture, it is pouring at the moment but will post one if it would help but I'm sure we all know what chlorotic leaves look like.

Yes I know get a soil test.... it is on my to do list:)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES