Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowing fruit plants

Posted by fruitluvr13 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 15:18

Hi, I'm currently having problems with my raspberry plants. I have two and the leaves on one of them are turning yellow. I have had this plant for a couple of months and it was doing really well at first but now I'm not sure what is going on. Only the older leaves are yellow and it is still growing new ones which are green so it may be normal. Also I have a pomegranate tree and it's leaves are yellowing and falling off. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowing fruit plants

Fruitluvr,

Where do you live? Try giving the raspberries some epsom salt they tend to yellow with a lack of magnesium. It could be the same issue with your pom......though I have yet to figure out the poms.

o

'Only the older leaves are yellow....' Plants discard older leaves naturally. It is not necessarily a problem. And I imagine that even in z10 raspberries and pomegranates are deciduous or semi-deciduous. It is late September. Maybe the yellowing is just Autumn happening?

o

I live in California. I guess they may be losing leaves do to fall but lately it has been hotter than it was all summer. The pomegranate has been like that for a little while now but the raspberry is more recent. Is it normal on a raspberry plant to but have all the leaves near the middle turn yellow while the outside don't, not yet anyway. Thank you

o

I'm 9b in Nor Cal and yeah they are getting ready to go dormant here. Probably fine but pics always help....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here