Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what kind of apple is this?

Posted by tammyinwv z6/WV (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 16:38

My husband has access to a couple of these trees and brought me in a couple large buckets of them. They are slightly sweet, good to eat fresh, and make great applesauce or pies.
tammy

Here is a link that might be useful: apples

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what kind of apple is this?

There are 1000's of named apple varieties and probably at least 100 that look enough like the ones in the photo. They might be one of the many strains of Yellow Delicious, but a photo is not adequate to be sure.

Even the greatest experts at identifying apples have difficulty, even when the apples are actually brought to them- especially from unsprayed trees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here