Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone know a source for fresh pawpaw

Posted by lycheeluva 6/7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 18:16

looking to but some fresh paw paw fruit. I know intergration acres sells it.
does anyeone on this forum sell any, or know of someone that does. please post or email me. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone know a source for fresh pawpaw

When I saw this post, I immediately thought of Integration Acres, but I guess you're looking for some from another source... Not sure if you're hoping to get a better price, Integration Acres is sold out, or what.

But, for what it's worth, I've ordered several times from them, and have always been very impressed. The customer service is great, the pawpaws are outstanding, and the price is actually quite good as well, since two pounds is a nice little pile.

o

It's too late for this season, but you can buy them through Heritage Foods in early to mid September

http://www.heritagefoodsusa.com/

They come from the Deep Run paw paw orchard in Maryland that grows Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Allegheny, PA Golden, Overleese, and Taytwo. It is expensive, $110 for 10 pounds of fruit delivered. They use one of the Fedex 10 pound boxes, and fill it with fruit packed very well, and it's more like 12 or 13 pounds of fruit. I've ordered a couple times, and have been pleased with the service. If you register with Heritage Foods, you get an email every week or two telling you what is in season.

I have also ordered through localharvest.org. Those fruit came from Red Rosa Farm. The fruit were small and seedy, some picked way too early and never ripened. I wouldn't recommend that one.

Alex

o

Wow - I wish I could get those kind of prices out of our retail space! We have a few thousand native paw paw trees and we sell on-site for about $3/lb. What do they pack the fruit in? Paw Paws bruise so easily.

o

The fruit are packed in a kind of foam bag, one or two fruit per bag. The material is similar to those foam nets that Asian pears are wrapped in at the grocery store. The box is partitioned into 4 sections with cardboard, the fruit is in a singe layer, and there is a layer of big bubble wrap all around.

Alex

o

Hi lycheeluva,
There is a guy in Fremont,CA named Bill Merrill who has at least one Pawpaw tree and does sell them,but I don't know if it's too late this year to get them or if he ships.Here is contact information.Brady

Here is a link that might be useful: Bill Merrill's website

o

I recently found a new place to buy pawpaws online from Rocky Point Farm in Rhode Island. They are not as expensive as the other sources noted above.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rocky Point Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here