Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sweet late blackberry

Posted by lsoh (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 18:47

I am looking for a good tasting late blackberry. Something to eat fresh. I live in zone 5, but these will be grown in pots and brought into an unheated garage for the winter. So they won't be exposed to temperatures that low. I'm looking for something later than my triple crown blackberries. What would you suggest?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sweet late blackberry

As an experiment, you might try keeping one of your plants in the garage in a dimly lit place until well into spring so it has delayed development, later blooming and fruiting. Keeping the pot cool would be most effective.

How late in the year do you want to be harvesting?

o

Looking for blackberries anytime after triple crowns. Immediately after or much later is fine. Just looking for a variety to spread out the harvest.

o

My Prime Ark 45 blackberry plants are starting to ripen now and look to produce until frost. They also produce an early crop in late June in 6a. Flavor is decent but not as sweet as TCs but the berries can be larger.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here