Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of cherry is this?

Posted by canadianplant (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 19:14

Found this growing in someones yard. Looks like some sort of native cherry but not sure what kind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of cherry is this?

It could be PRUNUS SEROTINA, black cherry,..but not absolute sure.

o

I didnt know they were able to grow up here. No chance its just a pin cherry? The fruits look to big imo

o

No pin cherry because it's fruit is red, ...the only other guess would be a choke cherry.

o

Looks like prunus serotina to me also. To be sure turn one of the leaves over and look at the thickest part of the midrib. If there is some fuzziness on each side it is BLACK CHERRY!

o

Ill have to take a look next time I go out. Ill take a few more pictures in a day or 2.

Either way, I grabbed some fruits and am going to grab more....

Thanks so far!

o

Ill have to take a look next time I go out. Ill take a few more pictures in a day or 2.

Either way, I grabbed some fruits and am going to grab more....

Thanks so far!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here