Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsg47

Arboreum.biz

mrsg47
11 years ago

I have been having trouble getting to their website to see what types of Chinese peaches they are selling this year. Anyone else having the same problem? Mrs. G

Comments (20)

• Scott F Smith
    11 years ago

I think something similar happened a previous year - they took it down and when it came back up it had the new years catalog on it. It is not a very good practice since it looks like they are out of business if you happen to look now.

Scott

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Scott, I did think they were out of business. I really want to try one of their chinese peaches you recommended. thanks, Mrs. G

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

I was just on their site a few days ago and it was up. Hopefully they are just maintaining it.

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The site did not respond yet again. I cleared history and cached and I still cannot get into the site.

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

I too am dissapointed. I wanted a Beurre Superfin pear tree.

I don't have good news. This is the information from Whois:
    Domain Expiration Date: Wed Sep 05 23:59:59 GMT 2012

Here are other means of contact:

The Arboreum Company
    7000 Signal Ridge Rd
    Philo CA 95466
    (707) 895-3722

• superpoutyduck
    11 years ago

Tierra Madre carries Beurre Superfin and many other hard to find trees. They sell nice trees and have great customer service. I picked up a Superfin last year from them.

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

tmunson ,

I've been looking at their site lately and they don't list it now. I do want a Dana Hovey from them as well as a Fondante de Moulins Lille.

I would much rather purchase from fewer suppliers. Thanks for the tip, maybe they will have them listed soon. I'll send them an email.

• gw:tmunson;iv_tkt=nfnfikgpfnfpuocsu
    11 years ago

They don't have any of their bareroot trees available for order right now, you are looking at the two gallon potted. Their collection is extensive, click on "Tree Collection" and you will see everything they have, including Beurre Superfin.

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

They are back up!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Arboreum Company

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I went on line to find them and there they are! Bought a Chinese honey peach I hope! I haven't heard back but I hope they will ship it in the spring. Thanks Milehigh! Mrs. G

• milehighgirl
    11 years ago

Yow, they ain't cheap!

• Scott F Smith
    11 years ago

Yikes, $50 is truly painful. I'd probably order one if it was priced like their other trees.

Scott

• superpoutyduck
    11 years ago

I just came here to post the same thing as Scott. Has anyone ever had one of those peaches? Are they really that great?

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know it is an expensive tree. My larger concern is that they will only keep until March,1 and then ship it to me. I cannot plant it until April. I hope my potting shed will work as temporary cold storage. It is a 'different' peach thus the cost. If it is really great, I'll send pits! Mrs. G

• bob_z6
    11 years ago

Wow- it's really $50? I thought that whoever setup the site just made a mistake with the keypad when entering the price (2 and 5 are next to each other and can also get swapped by a dyslexic moment). After all, everything else is 20-22...

March 1st probably isn't too bad- I started planting (a peach in fact) this year in late feb, though it was a very mild winter and early spring.

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Bob, I just heard from Arboreum and they will ship it the beginning of April. They have three more left. Hop on the train! Mrs. G

• Scott F Smith
    11 years ago

One has my name on it, my willpower weakened. I have been growing every honey peach I can get my hands on and could not resist for long.

Looking at the ARS database it looks like this tree was imported from China back in 2001, so it has not been in the country long.

Scott

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Scott that is correct. I am really excited. We'll compare notes! Mrs. G

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I went back to the site two days ago to see if there was something else I might like! They are already out of cherries (what I was looking for), apples and pears. Wow do they run out of stock fast. Their trees must be quite special. Can't wait for spring and my new Chinese peach! Mrs. G

• bob_z6
    11 years ago

Mrs. G, I don't think they ever had apples or cherries this year. I went there as soon as I saw the news posted on Gardenweb (same day, I think) and those categories were empty. There were 3 pears, which are now sold out. I tend to be sloppy with my browser windows, so I still happen to have it open.

They had:
    Beurre Superfin
    Rescue (also available at Raintree)
    Belle Lucrative (also at Tierra Madre)

They've sold out of 1/6 Euro plums, 0/7 nectarines, 1/10 peaches (the one you got), 0/6 Asian plums, and 0/10 apricots.