Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueberries, Southwest Ohio

Posted by NKUSigEp 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 20:09

I planted 6 bushes earlier this spring - two Elliot, two Reka, a Chippewa and an Elizabeth. I prepared the soil with a mix of peat and organic potting mix. I put down a layer of shredded pine mulch and then a layer of grass clippings. I have since put down an organic sulfur-based acidifier and have kept it watered. Most of the bushes seem to be doing really well but there are two that seem to be struggling (leaves are turning yellow and falling off)...I don't remember exactly which variety is which but I'm pretty sure that they are both of the same variety.

Anyways, I'm attaching a picture of the group plus I'll follow up with two other pictures showing the difference between one that's doing great and another right next to it that's not doing so well. They are spaced about 2.5' apart. Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueberries, Southwest Ohio

Picture of the one doing well.

o

And the other that's not doing so well (there are two that look like this).

o

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 22:26

Our blueberry shrubs are beginning to turn red, since we have had some low temps in the 40's at night. Your shrubs look OK to me, given that we are at the end of September. I am using indicator dye, bromocresol green, to check soil pH around our blueberry shrubs. There are other methods of checking pH, but this is the least expensive test that I have been able to find. I can provide more information if you are interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here