Houzz Logo Print
ferroplasm

Organocide systemic fungicide

Anyone ever use this stuff?

Here is a link that might be useful: Organocide Label

Comments (5)

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

Yeah I have used it, it's the same product as Agri-foss by Bonide. Been around a long time. Awesome in that it is systemic and organic, Being just an acid, very safe. And it works well for late blight on tomotoes. A lot of that going around this year. I used it and didn't see any in my garden.

• ferroplasm Zone 7b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, drew51. I'm sometimes skeptical of the organic products.

Any idea how well it works for disease control in the home orchard? Particularly with fire blight, which it is labeled for.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

No, but it's worth a try, and look at Agri-foss , it's the same thing and may be cheaper. I have heard good things about the product. Mostly concerning late blight. I guess you could use this and copper, and not much else you can do! Well except cut out infections. One thing I like doing too is using dormant oil with lime sulfer while dormant. Not rated for FB, but sulfur use to be used in humans against bacteria, before antibiotics. Plus while dormant you can load the amount of sulfur very high. What's a shame lime-sulfur is just not sold anymore. i have one bottle left.
    I think it helps keep a nice sterile environment. I guess anti-biotics could be used too, forgot about them. Not sure any of this will work? The sulfur is usually good for fungi, and overwintering insects so I have to use it for that anyway.

• ferroplasm Zone 7b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good call on the Monterey Agri-Fos. It looks to be about half the price of the Organocide. I think I'll give that a shot next spring.

As additional information for anyone who may be reading this in the future, the label does indicate that Agri-Fos should not be used for copper or sticker spreaders. I suspect it could cause phytotoxicity.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

Good info, Monterey makes it, got that wrong in the first post. I do have the Organocide product, i didn't notice Agri-foss till after I already purchased it.
    With tomatoes I make a mix and while I transplant seedlings out to the garden dip them in the acid, this really helps with any root problems, at least I have not had any since using the product. I had a great year with tomatoes. I still have 70 tomatoes to pick! They are all starting to turn too, looks like I will get all of them before frost.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?