Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I see Your Paw Paw Tree?

Posted by schiba 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 21:37

I am looking to add a couple paw paw trees to my landscape. Problem is, I cannot get a good enough picture of paw paws to compare size and shape of a whole tree. Do you have one in your landscape?

They are fruiting now. Do you have a pic of the fruit on a Penn. Golden?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I see Your Paw Paw Tree?

Here is a pawpaw tree with fruit.

Tony

o

Oh, be still my heart! It look so tropical. How much space does it take up in your landscape? Could you place two in a 20' area?

o

Mine are 8-10 feet apart.

Tony

o

That is wonderful. I am planting one 5' from a row of blueberry bushes and 10' away from the next pawpaw. They will get max 6 hours of sun, but no more. I hope they will be happy! A little worried about growing them out of their happiness zone though.

o

• Posted by eboone 6a - SW PA (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 21:49

Near the bottom of this linked thread is my post with a picture of a full grown tree, about 18 - 20 ft high. Not sure of the age of the tree. Don't know if they get larger. Don't think this one has had pruning, fertilizer, mulch, etc but there are a couple smaller trees in the yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another pawpaw thread

o

photo pawpawsaug21.jpg

This one grows in Madison, WI... i planted a paw paw just for the foilage. I really like the shape of them/leaves.

o

What an interesting shape! Thanks for the pics. 10' apart it is, and looks like they will give me nice shade.

o

I just wanted to resurrect this thread by sharing an interesting blog page about a native patch and a pawpaw enthusiast that is local to Massachusetts. I found a like-minded individual who has posted some interesting info on pawpaws and I thought I would share.

Also, it seems that Tripple Brook Farm in Southampton, Ma. also sells pawpaws and has a stand of native persimmons and paersimmon trees to buy.

Here is a link that might be useful: the pawpaws

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here