Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ghadames

Eradicating Cherry Leaf Spot, the organic way?

Ghadames
9 years ago

My dwarf Juliet cherry tree is infected with Cherry Leaf Spot. I've been collecting fallen leaves almost every day. I would like to eliminate this problem before it reappears next season.

I know that myclobutanil and chlorothalonil are recommended to prevent the disease, but I cannot find any fungicide that contains these ingredients in Canada.

So I contacted Premier Tech Home & Garden (a Canadian company I think), and here's their suggestion:

- Rake up and destroy infected leaves in the fall (which I've been doing)
- Apply Green Earth Dormant Spray in fall once leaves have dropped (optional)
- Apply Green Earth Dormant Spray early in the season before the buds crack open
- Starting at petal fall, apply Green Earth Garden Sulphur every two weeks right up until harvest

Active ingredients

Green Earth Dormant Spray: 500 ml of horticultural oil and 1L of liquid lime sulphur
Green Earth Garden Sulphur: Sulphur - 0.9%

My question: Would these ingredients completely eliminate the disease, or is there still a chance that it may reappear? I ask this because the company is possibly being bias by promoting their own products, so I'm not 100% sure.

Or should I take the "safer"/unorganic approach and purchase from ebay a fungicide that contains myclobutanil or chlorothalonil?

Last fall (2013), all fallen leaves were collected, but the disease reappear the following spring.

This post was edited by Ghadames on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 22:50

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County