Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starter Soil To Germinate Fruit Seed (Kiwi and Blueberry)

Posted by Doetze none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 0:52

Hi everybody,

Could anyone here please help me to find which starter soil can be used to germinate successfully of the kiwi and blueberry seed?

Does Pro Mix BX can be used to germinate the kiwi and blueberry seed?

Thank you

Doetze

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starter Soil To Germinate Fruit Seed (Kiwi and Blueberry)

Hello Doetze,
I'm not sure about Kiwi,but in the linked video,peat moss is used for Blueberry seeds. Brady

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Blueberries from seed

o
RE: Starter Soil To Germinate Fruit Seed (Kiwi and Blueberry)

• Posted by glenn10 5a New Brunswick (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 5:06

what kind of kiwi are you germinating?if they are kolomikta or arguta I simply spread the seeds over a damp piece of paper towel and into zip lock baggie.You need to refrigerate for several months,then around Feb/March bring them out during the day then put them back in the fridge for the night.Do this for a few weeks until you start to see them sprout,then simply pick them up with tweezers and plant in peat pellet starter trays.I will be doing some kiwi seeds very soon.If cold hardy kiwi is what you are doing, I can post pics of the progress.

Glenn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here