Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Predictions for Winter

Posted by MrsG47 6-7 RI (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 9:24

I haven't heard many predictions for what type of winter we will have. Any forecasts worth sharing? Mrs. G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Predictions for Winter

I know we're moving into an El Nino right now, which will be the biggest factor affecting weather across the country this winter. I have not seen the mainstream winter predictions yet, but NOAA's Climate Prediction Center clearly shows they're expecting wetter than average conditions across the southern part of the country, with the Northeast warmer than average with normal precip.

At the website below can browse through the 3 month long range forecasts, including the 1 month forecast for October, which shows a cold and wet one for the Northeast.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/seasonal.php?lead=5

o

The weather channel predicted the Ohio Valley and the Northeast will get more snow this winter and the Midwest will drier than normal.

Tony

o

The weather guy said it will be another warmer than normal winter!

o

Thanks all! Mrs. G Can't wait for more reports too!

o

The long range weather forecast about the northeast receiving above normal precipitation during this fall and winter is off to unusual accuracy. It has rained almost every day this month. I sure wish some of this rain had arrived during our dry summer. However, all this rain and cloudy weather have kept the killing frosts away. It's unbelieveable to be picking delicious beans on the 10th of October.

o

About a month ago, the local newspaper here in East Tn. said that fall would be warmer than normal, and winter would be colder than normal

o

Vermont Kingdom! I still have 8 large eggplant in my veg. garden. My last apples were picked just last week and were huge and beautiful. Raspberries still producing. It will be in the 40's here in RI at night for the next couple of days. Then we shoot back up into the 70's during the day. Today and this past week has not seen above 63 degrees. Still lovely and a beautiful fall. Mrs. G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here