Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jxbrown

Coastal So. Cal. Apricot?

New house, new yard. I would like to plant an apricot. The new house is very close to the water ( unhappily, not close enough to actually see it) so there is not much of a gap between summer and winter temperatures. I always grab the Blenheims when I see them at the farmer's market because although they are small and spotty, they are also delicious. I had a Gold Kist that did well at a previous house under similar conditions. Any suggestions? I'm looking for fruit quality, not productivity, of course. I reslly don't have room for a pollinator, probably. The location will be a southern exposure with full sun.

Comment (1)

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    11 years ago

Well, I have both in my yard, both do well. Cot-N-Candy Aprium is also a great choice. I also have Autumn Glo apricot, but it is brand new this year, so no fruit from it, but it is a consistent taste test winner for DWN. A lot of folks in our area also like Katy, I don't have it in my yard, sort of out of room, so if my other apricots don't measure up, I may replace one with a Katy.

Patty S.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES