Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach tree root stock

Posted by blueboy1977 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 10:15

Thinking about ordering a Tropic Snow from Bay Laural Nursery. I was reading up on their root stocks and from what Im gathering Citation is the way to go if growing in a container? Also will the root stock have any bearing on chill hour requirements for fruiting?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach tree root stock

Rootstock won't affect chilling needs. And I've liked citation for potted trees or inground. Only issue I've had is crown gall. Nemaguard has worked in pots as well and will save you 3 bucks. My mix drains very well which probably accounts for much of Nemaguard's success.

o

Thanks for the info Fruitnut! Did you have crown gall with citation in pots???

o

Yes, sure did. But so far I can't tell that it's hurt the tree or production. Have had it with other roots as well but not sure about how much due to small sample size.

o

Does crown gall occure from planting to deep or is it just one of those things that can happen now matter what you do? Any way to avoid it?

o
RE: Peach tree root stock0

Never mind the last question Fruitnut, i read up on it, thanks again for the info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here