Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach Tree Fruiting/Flowering in October?

Posted by Alanim 9a (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 10:21

I'm currently visiting my grandmother to help around the yard, and I noticed that her peach tree(not sure of the variety) is producing fruit and flowering.

its always produced smallish fruit compared to store bought peaches but I assumed that's because no one has really taken care of it all too well. I'm also unsure if they've ever eaten any of the fruit before because the peaches "never got big enough"

As far as I could find by searching online this is pretty far out of season for peaches to be growing?

Is this normal, or is something wrong with the tree.

Also are the chances of these fruits ripening good/bad?

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach Tree Fruiting/Flowering in October?

My trees are doing the same thing. The weather has been so weird this year it has the trees messed up. All my pear trees are in full bloom right now and my peach, nectarine, and apples are all blooming and putting on fruit. They will all fall off when the weather gets cooler though.

o
RE: Peach Tree Fruiting/Flowering in October?

Well that does explain it, thanks for the reply.

Hopefully they'll have enough time to get bigger and ripen up, before it gets too cold, seems unlikely though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here