Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peach tree borers and paint

Posted by john222-gg ms./8 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 11:21

high all
I need help agin I have several peach trees in my orchard.I have always had to watch for borers all the time.The sprays say to spray through august I have started early and sprayed later.I don't have a real bad problem but every now and then I find another.I use wire with spray but what I really want to know is if I paint the trunks will this stop the borers?And if so what trees should I paint.I have every type fruit tree you can name.Approx 40 trees total.I have peaches,plums,paw-paws,apples,pears,persimons,citrus,mulberry,lowquat,nectrens,plots and I might have furgot a few I don't think figs count.all help would be grate thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peach tree borers and paint

deltamethrin: its the best kill as crawl over paint paint trunk up high use in latex paint no oil base paints are stains. The link below to product called Bug Juice used on log homes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beetle insecticide

o
RE: peach tree borers and paint

http://nysipm.cornell.edu/%5C/grantspgm/projects/proj06/fruit/kain.pdf

The above indicates paint works quite well for dogwood borer so it may very well be as affective for peach tree borers.

I believe a 2 spray program with a pyrethroid like once and done triazide is all that is needed. I just read about it but forget the exact timing, but you can look up Cornell's recs for Commercial Fruit Production on-line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here