Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive digital temperature recorder?

Posted by milehighgirl CO USDA 5B/Sunset 2B (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 13:33

As an experiment I entombed one of my Chicago Hardy fig trees. I would like to record the temperatures inside the cinderblock house. Any suggestions on an inexpensive recording device that I can have two probes recording the temps outside and inside the structure for comparison?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive digital temperature recorder?

Buy this one if you can...

TX60

My buddy has it and loves it. Even alerts his smartphone when the temp drops below a certain threshold. I want to get one when/if I have money ever again:)

o
second thought

Something like this, while more expensive, also does a ton of data collection and is accessible from the internet...

Ambient weather

o

My weather station is the one that Franktank posted that run with Cumulus software but it would be it would be an arkward match for your needs.

If you want to track minimum and maximum only then most the ones at places like Walmart should work but you would have to track the data manually.

Now if you have a bunch of spare coin them Davis makes a $500+ unit that you can buy extra probed for.

o

If just knowing the coldest it ever became a min/max greenhouse thermometer should do the trick without spending lots of cash.

o

Frank what a great site thanks. My husband is a weather bug and love gadgets too boot. You've just taken care of his Christmas present. Mrs. G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here