Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Storing Fungicides and Pesticides in a shed if it freezes?

Posted by mjmarco Zone 6 Upstate NY (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 15:07

Does anyone know is Fungicide like Immunox, Daconil, Fungonil, or Pesticides like Once and done are ok to store in a uninsulated shed that could possibly make the sprays freeze if it gets cold.

Can't seem to find it anywhere on the product itself that says do not store below a certain temperatures. The labels are not that good on these products. Running out of storage space just wondering if it freeze if it will still be good for next year ?
Thanks for your help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Storing Fungicides and Pesticides in a shed if it freezes?

My pesticides have taken down to zero and never had anything go bad. When I worked for Texas A&M we stored hundreds of pesticides in unheated sheds where it was near zero every winter. No particular issues there either.

o

Do watch out for freezing sprayer equipment. Some equipment is hard to get all the water out of the pumps and so forth.

o

• Posted by mjmarco Zone 6 Upstate NY (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 16:59

Thanks Fruitnut and HGF that info helps alot.
MD

o

Would probably make a difference if they were liquid or powder.

o

I have commercial pesticides that do have freeze warnings but it is the water soluble bags that are damaged by cold temps. Main thing is to keep things dry. If you had Imidan you'd need to keep that from freezing because it is sold in those bags.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here