Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Petitioning GardenWeb for Exchanges page

Posted by milehighgirl CO USDA 5B/Sunset 2B (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 16:21

I know this subject has been brought up before but I was wondering how far this request has gotten with the GardenWeb powers-that-be.

In view of the fact that the NCGR is not sending scion to the average Joe and Nick Botner at Spearheart Farms is retiring, it would seem that scion is now becoming scarce for the time-being.

I personally have a few trees that I would like to find new homes for.

At any rate, is a petition possible? Any ideas how to proceed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Petitioning GardenWeb for Exchanges page

Milehighgirl,

I think that is an excellent idea. We all can share what we have with each others. Just show me how to get this going. I am sure others will join in. Just like scionwoodswap.com. But our own here on GW.

o

I am all for it. I would love to share. Let do it.

Fruitcraz!

o

I think its a lost cause here at GW. They have multiple exchange pages already and the mods/admin don't really respond much when contacted. A better option would be to join the scion exchange yahoo group. Theres a lot of activity over there just focused on swapping scionwood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here