Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recently planted Peach tree not looking good

Posted by Suzukicrash 9b (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 16:31

2 weeks ago I planted the uploaded Tropic Beauty peach tree, and the leaves are curling/wilting, some turning yellow and falling off. The leaves were a little wilted already when I got it but they are getting worse

I want to make sure that I don't kill it. I put a little 10-10-10 time release fertilizer around the soil during planting. Anyone know what I should do, if anything? Thanks for any help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recently planted Peach tree not looking good

If the original rootball is dry, drizzle water onto it for 15 minutes or so, then check moisture content again.

Repeat as needed

Next time, forget the fertilizer -- it doesn't help a stressed tree.

o

Yeah the fertilizer may kill it. Probably not but may be responsible for why it is still wilted. Try to keep it moist, not wet, not dry. Never plant trees with fertilizer. It should be OK, it doesn't look that bad, Time release is slow, so that's good!

This post was edited by Drew51 on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 18:00

o

If it the soil is good, remember that between transplant shock and the time of year it might not look so wonderful.

I just planted a few new fruit trees as well. I look more at the twigs at the end of the branches to make sure they look plump and happy not drying and dying. I am in SoCal and it is getting to the time of years the leaves start falling anyway.

o

All the trees roots are still in the root ball they were in when in the container. Water must be applied directly on the root ball NOW and weekly until the tree goes dormant and loses its leaves. I would also apply a vegetative mulch at least to the drip line. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here