Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I stop Curly leaf on my fruit trees ?

Posted by rosemeadow_gardener (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 18:32

Our younger Nectarine and Peach trees have had curly leaf each year. This year I finally got around to spraying them once with Mancozeb Fungicide just as the blossoms were opening. I thought we had beat it as we had healthy leaves on the trees with only the odd curly leaf and latter lots of young furit on the trees.
But now we have noticed the tiny fruits have gone except for a few ones that look a bit purple or dark on one side and just about to fall off too. There are some big curly leaves at the ends of the branches.
Can some one talk me through treating Curly Leaf, please ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I stop Curly leaf on my fruit trees ?

I have been using Activated Compost tea for the last 3 years and this year I treated both a Nectarine and Peach which had Peach leaf curl early in the season. Fixed them both.
I pinched off all leaves showing symptoms and sprayed down with a bacterial/ fungal tea, no more problem.

o

You need to spray in fall as soon as the leaves fall and preferably again in the spring at first bud swell. Any later does no good. Your spray this past year was too late.

If you google peach leaf curl control you will get more info like below.

Here is a link that might be useful: peach leaf curl disease and control

o

Beeman and Fruitnut, thankyou so much for your replies and imformation. Now, I look forward to the fruit next growing season. Such a shame because it has been a very good Spring for rainfall so far. My own silly fault for not finding out more about it. Curly fruit is sure deadly to fruit. Thanks again !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here