Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kandiyohi grape

Posted by glenn10 5a New Brunswick (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 19:42

just thought I would post a few pics of my neglected kandiyohi(actually all my vines look like this this year had no time to prune any) grape which has some major over cropping :) We harvested close to 100 lbs from this single vine, even thought there was too much to sufficiently ripen before frost it managed to get to an average 16 brix. What do you do with underripe grapes? Juice em!
It is not a very good eating grape I find as it is has a very bland grapey flavor even on a good year. But it is a good novelty if you have the room as the berries get quite large.
 photo 20131015_163907.jpg
 photo 20131015_164343.jpg
 photo 20131016_193210.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kandiyohi grape

Did you already have a killing frost? My vines still are green

o
RE: kandiyohi grape

• Posted by glenn10 5a New Brunswick (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 17:35

Yeah canplant,we had two good frosts on Sunday and Monday which is very typical for us in mid October.
Did any of your grapes produce this year?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here