Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig Problems

Posted by lawanddisorder 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 22:41

I have a few small fig trees, and two of them have dark spots on the leaves, and some of the leaves are really yellow. Is this a problem, and if so, what, and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig Problems

This is a picture of a smaller fig tree.

o

It could be Fig Mosaic Virus.It is fairly common and I don't think there is a cure for it yet.It shows up in young and stressed plants and even though they still have it,as they grow older and established,it's less of a problem.
If yours has it,it's best not to propagate the plant. Brady

Here is an old thread about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: is mosaic virus carried in all fig trees?

o

Like the yellowing of your adjacent grape leaves, those plants are going to drop and go dormant. The leaves usually yellow first.... no worries on it, no need to worry about FMV. See the Figs4Fun forum for more into on it...

o

Yep is 100% natural this time of year. Also agree about FMV just ignore it, is a non issue.

o

Yes, I agree with all the others. Its the time of year, don't worry these plants are very tolerant of this virus. You will have figs...mine are looking the same. I have 5 plants. NO worries! In spring, they will leaf out beautifully.

o

That's a relief. I wasn't sure if it was just a seasonal thing because of the lack of uniform change on the other leaves. Thanks, everyone.

o
Mosic, old leaf, and healthy leaf pictures

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 13:08

Pictures of fig leaves all off one plant that has grown massively this summer. One healthy, three showing mosaic symptoms, and two just getting old.

mosaic, old, and healthy leaves photo figmosaicvirus002_zps411ca9f0.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here