Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

Konrad___far_north
13 years ago

He hasn't been around for some times...are you OK?....I'm getting worried.

Konrad

Comments (12)

• thisisme
    13 years ago

I've been spending most of my time in other forums for the last 2-3 months so I did not notice Don's absence. I hope he's alright.

• donnieappleseed
    13 years ago

It only took me a minute to find the right phone number. I grew up in Falls Church, Virginia but I do not know him.....

surely there must be someone else who actually does know him well enough so as to not offend or bother him and could give a call.

DonRicks@hotmail.com

• alan haigh
    13 years ago

I'd be happy if anyone was interested enough to call out of concern, can't see why'd he'd be offended. If you don't want to call, e-me his # and I'll do it if Konrad doesn't want to.

• olpea
    13 years ago

Thanks for thinking of this. Whoever calls, please post back. I hope Don hasn't decided to quit the forum, or worse something bad that has prevented him from posting.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sent him a PM...hopefully we hear from him.

• jellyman
    13 years ago

Appreciate the concern of my friends. I am fine. Just this weekend I drove up with my spouse not far from H-Man territory while visiting my son in New Haven, CT. It is true that the volume of my commentary has declined, but there are a lot of experienced people here now; many more than in the past.

I am thinking of getting together some photos and writing about the devastation caused to my apples this year by the brown marmorated stinkbug. We have always had a few stinkbugs around of various species, but never like this. The majority of my midseason and late apples have been ruined by this new stinkbug invasion -- and most of these apples were in ziploc sandwich bags. How they are penetrating the plastic to get at the apples is a great mystery to me. They have also ruined large numbers of tomatoes, peppers, and even sweetcorn.

If these insects return again next summer, I am going to have to do something different.

Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

• alan haigh
    13 years ago

Don, if you're ever up this way again, and have some time to check out my orchard and nursery, please call me- just contact me through e-mail.

Very sorry to hear about this pest and frightened as well. The green ones hit me this year like never before so maybe in a cooler, wetter, shorter season they won't be the same problem- but as I've said before, I'm not looking forward to climate change.

• applefan
    13 years ago

I'm glad to hear that Don is still on the forum. Here in the Potomac Highlands of WV the green stinkbugs were everywhere in huge numbers, especially the nymphs. I would appreciate any info Don has as a remedy so as to be ready for next year's outbreak.

• keepitlow
    13 years ago

Glad all is fine Don. And thanks for all your generous advice you have given us.

• olpea
    13 years ago

Glad you haven't gone away Don. I enjoy reading your commentary.

Please do post your observations and pics about the BMSB. It was found in MO this year, so it's getting close. It won't be long before we have the pest here.

• rayrose
    13 years ago

Don,

I too and very glad that you're OK. You're the head guru of this forum, and the rest of us would be very lost without your infinite knowledge, wisdom, and your
    leadership. I've had problems with my apples too and am
    looking forward to your post.

• thisisme
    13 years ago

Don, glad to hear you are still alive and well. Sorry to hear your apple crops were so devastated. That stinks.