Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fire Ants???

Posted by queenbee_1 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 23:06

I have a small Russian Giant Pom, planted Dec. 2011. I noticed a huge fire ant hill around the base of the tree..The dirt is actually mounded up around the trunk of the tree.. I put out pesticide we use for fire ants but I wonder if they are damaging the roots of the tree????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fire Ants???

I think they do some damage to any root system. After pesticide has time to work I use garden hose at full force on bed fire ants like dry dirt any left move on I've wash up thousands white egg that way September October this year. When make their bed high its for eggs to hatch in when temp. above 62 degree they move up top bed.

o
RE: Fire Ants???

Thank you..I don't have a water source close to the plant. I live on 100 acres and there are tons of Fire Ant hills around the property and I am treating them as soon as I see them.. I will try to treat again in two weeks.. Hopefully that will get the entire bed..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here