How mushrooms can save the bees

Interestng video worth the watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAw_Zzge49c#t=450

Here is a link that might be useful: saving the bees

Comments (10)

• swampsnaggs
    9 years ago

Drew, thanks for posting this.

Honeybees will seek moisture anywhere, including puddles filled with cow urine.

Before (or after) we get drawn into the emotional diatribe in the video, it may be useful to understand who or what this individual has chosen to work for.

Paul Staments has joined the AAAS- Lemelson invention ambassadors association, which is run by the american association for the advancement of science. The AAAS continually promotes the idea of man made climate change and salvation through genetically engineered crops. The doctrines of the United Nations form much of the basis for AAAS's agenda.

Paul Staments ideas about deforestation are consistent with the U.N. agenda. This agenda refers to humans as a scourge and disease, while promoting reducing human populations. Bill Gates seems to be the chief hero of the AAAS.

The AAAS publishes articles in Lancaster Farming newspaper every week promoting genetically modified crops.

You may be asking yourself what any of the above information has to do with bees and orchards. I would argue that there are plenty of native pollinators out there. Besides, we need deforestation in order to have orchards in the first place.

The U.N. which AAAS is working with, seeks to remove the right of landowners to use private property, to tax us for exhaling CO2, to remove our right to life and liberty and replace it with U.N. managed and government goon enforced Bio-Preserves, and virtually extinct human beings.

Here is a link that might be useful: american association for the advancment of the U.N. and global governance

• alan haigh
    9 years ago

Swamp, I find your statement very frustrating and purely political- it is the extreme right wing position, actually, (and only the right wing in the U.S.) but that isn't the point.

I come to this forum partially to avoid politics, generally, and am really sick of threads being hijacked for expressing political diatribes, particularly on the climate change issue, where that horse has been beaten to death here and thoroughly composted.

Not to say I haven't been guilty of the same sin, but maybe I've come to see the light. People come here to learn about fruit trees and not to be politically enlightened.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yeah I don't like his politics. But I like his products actually.
    I think he has some great points about fungi. .
    What kills me is the President just gave away 4 billion to fight global warming in the 3rd world to other countries,(how can he even do that?) as I watch Detroit suffer greatly and try to emerge from bankruptcy.
    In 5 years we have spent 120 billion dollars to fight a fake problem. Amazing, just amazing. Of course they say it's so, look at all that money. Maybe this is not the place, but this nonsense has got to stop. To think this is really about the climate is naive. To think we can actually change the climate defines arrogance. We are so full of ourselves.
    This forum too surprises me as all my friends never bought this BS from day one, yet people here act like consensus is a scientific term when it is 100% a political one. Any scientist who says otherwise has no business in the field.
    Conventional wisdom has been proven wrong time and time again, most people thought we were the center of the universe on a flat world and were jailed for saying otherwise. You know times have not really changed that much!!
    Global warming is about power and money and has nothing to do with reality. The real scientists say we are heading in a long cold spell expected to last till 2050 or so. So it's going to be fun to watch the global cooling deniers squirm the next few decades. It will take that long before they give it up. I have to laugh at the agreement with China, we agree to lower our emissions while letting them increase output, what a joke! It's like I live on Bizarro world!
    So we agree to screw industry here, and let them take over, wow! I loved the President in that Mao suit btw! Certainly fits his style!

• swampsnaggs
    9 years ago

Harvestman,

It is you that continues to invoke partisanship.

If you actually read my post, you would see that I am concerned about attacks on property rights. This issue is directly related to fruit growing and orchards.

Are we not in fact partisan in our continual belief that we can grow our own food? Yet this very action is what is targeted by the groups I described.

suggested reading : codex alimentarius

This post was edited by swampsnaggs on Sun, Nov 16, 14 at 7:37

• alan haigh
    9 years ago

Can you name a single person who has been in any way prevented or delayed from planting a home orchard in this country because of some U N agenda?

My problem is issues like BMSB not my dreadful NYS bureaucracy or any other government interference as far as growing fruit.

If you were talking about some specific legislation being proposed to interfere with your orcharding, I could understand your point.

• swampsnaggs
    9 years ago

The U.N. Declaration on Forests is "non-binding", just like Agenda 21 was...... In September of this year (2014), the United States signed on to this "non-binding" agreement at a U.N. meeting in New York City.
    The dreadful NYS bureaucracy promises to be even more dreadful.....it will be the NYS governmental agencies that will be tasked with enforcing and incorporating this "non-binding" agreement into law for us, just like what was done with agenda 21. You must understand this is non-partisan. Our representatives were not involved. We have yet to experience what is in store for us, but a glimpse can be had by reading about the New York Declaration on Forests in the link below. You must click on the link "NY Declaration on Forests" within the link I have provided, since I was unable to link directly. Take note of the countries that have signed on, the familiar cabal of corporate entities that have signed on, and the odious NGO's that have signed on. In this way we will know what is coming. No learned man would ever claim that Agenda 21 didn't affect him personally, nor can anyone managing or owning private property safely ignore this "non-binding" edict.

Harvestman,

If an infestation of voles had taken residence in one of your orchards, I would give you a heads up. In this same way I am trying to inform you and others.

Here is a link that might be useful: link containing PDF NY declaration forests

This post was edited by swampsnaggs on Sat, Nov 15, 14 at 15:49

• alan haigh
    9 years ago

Nothing here with any legal teeth. Declarations are not laws. There is no mention of how they intend to return land to forest, but it is usually about planting trees on useless land.

However, I'd like to see a serious effort to reduce human population to reduce the need to expand agriculture. I do think the planet needs to protect and expand wilderness. Like you, I don't think this should ever be done by taking land or even land use options from private owners without fair compensation.

• swampsnaggs
    9 years ago

Using New York State as an example, the "legal teeth" will be the NYDEC through state government, and your planning departments both county and township, just as happened with agenda 21.

Examples of what could result from the NY declaration on forests:

Bans on cutting firewood on state owned lands.

Moratorium on land clearing for agricultural use - expensive forest survey required.

Fungicide usage banned due to effects on beneficial forest fungi.

Regional surveys completed with the help of NGO's and their minions. Completed survey shows high value forests leading to further restrictions on agricultural development.

Black-knot infested hedgerows declared off limits for clearing due to researched value in edge forest habitat.

Forest insect infestation results from global trade. Restrictions placed on transport of firewood and nursery products including fruit wood.

Spraying of insecticides banned within 1/4 mile of "high value forest" ...orchards shut down or become not economically viable.

*** The teeth are revealed through administrative law. ***

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

"Any scientist who says otherwise has no business in the field."

says the open minded fellow with an omnipotent grasp of climate science

• Fascist_Nation
    9 years ago

Drew, thanks for the link. Very interesting.