mrsg47

Before the Snow Falls

mrsg47
10 years ago

My orchard this past summer.

Comments (12)

• MrClint
    10 years ago

Very picturesque view. Nice place to spend a Summer's day. Thanks for sharing. :)

• bamboo_rabbit
    10 years ago

Looks very nice MrsG.

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All of the fruit trees form a large rectangle around the rose garden. Takes a lot of work, but I do love it. On my Christmas list this year, are endless bags of mulch and topsoil. My husband and friends are now very used to this request. My friends are so surprised to find out I do it all myself (except for clipping the privet arches and hedges. (in the pic they had not yet been cleaned up). Anyway, the orchard gets bigger and better every year. I have many of you to thank for its health and vigor. You know who you are. Thank you , Mrs. G

• Konrad___far_north
    10 years ago

WOW...is coming along nicely!

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Konrad, you are a huge inspiration for me. Mrs. G

• mamuang_gw
    10 years ago

Mrs. G,

What a beautiful garden!! What are your rose varieties? Besides having an orchard, I try to maintain a perennial garden. Yours is beautiful.

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The roses are: Rhapsody in Blue, Rosa Mundi, Spirit of Freedom, Gold Medal, Tiffany, Blue Girl, the Pilgrim, Ferdinand Pichard, A Shropshire Lad, Ambridge Rose, The Prince, Wonder Stripe, Portlandia. More to follow. That is just the Rose Garden, My perennial beds are on the other side of the privet. I do not grow grafted roses. They are all on their roots. They take longer to establish, but once they get going, you cannot kill them. Mrs. G

• mamuang_gw
    10 years ago

Do you spray your roses? I used to be crazy about roses before I started an orchard. Rose forum used to be my favorite. I don't spray them and most get black spot badly by mid summer esp.the Austins. Any of your roses are black spot resistance?

My perennial bed will be redone next spring.

Looking at the picture of your rose garden is inspiring. Maybe, I should put more work on my roses next spring, too.

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I spray my roses with the same mixture as my trees. The fungicides are perfect. Monterey Fungi fighter and Immunox are excellent for black spot. The leaves of my roses are pristine and glossy. No black spot. Triaz. mixed with immunox is what I use most of the time (with a sticker). the triazicide takes care of aphids and japanese beetles, or any other nasty insect. Mrs. G

• olpea
    10 years ago

Lovely garden Mrs. G.

I've paid attention to your gardening journey since you started posting on this forum.

It looks like some of your trees in the background are ready to give you a good amount of fruit.

In few years (maybe next year) you will be so covered up in fruit.

• Tony
    10 years ago

Beautiful orchard Mrs. G. A nice place you can kick back and relax in the evening.

Tony

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll shoot it again in winter so you can see the large trees. I'm trying to keep everything at about 12' max. There is a peach tree to the far left of this picture, that has gotten away from me a bit, but its only about 14' tall. I have since pruned it. It is a very relaxing place to be at the end of a day. This picture was taken in June. Its been a great journey, Olpea and Tony! Mrs. G

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions