Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimmy_sayavong

LI Jujube Question

JIMMY_SAYAVONG
9 years ago

I have been struggled for quite sometime now finding a solution to my 5 yrs old Li Jujube tree issue. It is fruiting heavily during the growing season (Aug-Sept) but most of the fruits turned out to be dried and wrinkled, and of course there were plentiful but mostly tasteless.
I have tried to water more than usual but no luck -- the results still the same. I live in Dallas, TX and the weather in very hot is the summer. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Now, a very interesting phenomenon I have discovered. There were some fruits left on the tree late in the season (November), If I am not mistaken, these fruits were from the"second' round of fruiting, and they taste excellent (VERY SWEET !!!) but unfortunately there were not that many to enjoy.

Could some fruit experts in the forum advise me what is going on? and possibly how to address it? I really want fruits from normal growing season taste as good as the ones from late in the season ...

Photo below showing one of the fruits I picked in November and it tastes very good !!!!

JIMMY

Comments (2)