Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ozark Strawberries

Posted by sdelafuente 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 12:34

Early October I got 20 bare root Ozark Strawberries. I placed them in small pots but the roots were so big and not much growth. So I built a raised bed and fill it with compost, topsoil and cow manure. I planted them and they were growing pretty fast. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they were having small holes in the leaves. 3 of them have died and more of them have a lot of holes in them. The holes are small and all over the leaves. I have several other plants in my back yard and none of them are having this issue.

What bug does that? What can I use to control them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ozark Strawberries

what zone are you in, i have ozark i got at lowes, im in zone 9/10 boarder, im having the same problem with holes in the leafs, in my case i belive its the Sri Lanka Weevil olny because i find them on my elm tree eating the leaves, they are hard to control

Here is a link that might be useful: sri lanka weeviel

o

I am zone 9a. Weird for me is that I got a mango, pomegranate, and banana plants next to it and only these affected.

o

very few things will eat mango leafs, they are poisenous, i have mango/banana and many more and so far the elm and the strawberries are the only 2 plants geting eating, i have fond the weeviles in the peach trees but no sings of eating them. if your in fl, your close enough for those weeviels look for them in early morning, they can be hard to spot because they fall as a defense

o

I am in south Texas and I haven't seen any of those weeviel before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here