Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boizeau

How do I post a picture from Photo bucket?

boizeau
14 years ago

Have a lot of neat looking grape photos of my hybrid grapes, but so far, I cannot post them at garden web, though in the past I have done so. What is the trick to get them posted? and why do I have problems now?

Some of these are my own hybrid grapes.

Comments (10)

• misterbaby
    14 years ago

I don't know, but if you find out, please let me know. I wired tech support at Gardenweb and they sent me instructions the next day, but it didn't work. Misterbaby.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Once your picture has been uploaded to photobucket (or whatever hosting site you choose), find its web address by right clicking on the image and copying the image location. Some sites may even provide the address in a text box below the photo for your convenience.

Let's say, as an example, that the address of the picture you want to post is http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg

To embed the picture into a post, use the command
    img src="http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg">;

You could also include a width attribute for large pictures. Using this reduce the size of an oversized picture for better viewing. The entire command, including the width attribute would looks something like
    img src="http://somepicturesite.com/yourpicture.jpg"; width=400>

Note that I had to use special characters to get the commands above to show up here without turning into pictures, but you can use them as shown (with the correct image location, of course).

• misterbaby
    14 years ago

{{gwi:125999}}
    Groovy, Brandon! Here is a pic of my $125 greenhouse. Thanks, Misterbaby.

• Tony
    14 years ago

Misterbaby,

Where did you bought the greenhouse from? It looks great. Was it hard to set it up? how long? I would like to have something like that.

Tony

• misterbaby
    14 years ago

Hi, Tony! These are available on Ebay in a couple different sizes. I really like it, but Brandon warns that it won't likely hold up because of the low price. It was very easy to set up in about 30 minutes, but you'll need a helper. When you open the box it doesn't look like much, but it is very well engineered. This one is 7x7x15, so lots of room. Misterbaby.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Misterbaby,

The greenhouses that the OP in the other thread was considering looked completely different than the one in the picture above. The ones I've seen not last were more like the ones he had mentioned. The greenhouse in your picture looks like it might be a little more professional. I have no idea how it will hold up, but it can't be much worse than the one I tried.

In the other thread, the OP got really excited when you mentioned your greenhouse had lasted a week or so. I expressed my thoughts that one week isn't much of a trial. Again, I have higher hopes for the greenhouse shown above than the ones we were talking about earlier. Let us know how yours holds up over time (at least a year).

• flora_uk
    14 years ago

Returning to the original query - I find it easier just to copy the bit of gobbledygoook which starts 'html' from list of stuff under your pictures on Photobucket and paste it into your message. Then you don't need to type in any code or anything. It was ages before I discovered this after trying to follow various different sets of instructions. I've no understanding of how it works but it does.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

The code needed to post pictures is extremely simple (see my first post above). Different picture hosting sites have different options and sometimes you need to modify the code. Simply relying on the copy and paste procedure won't work for everyone or in all circumstances. It's helpful to spend five minutes to learn the basic HTML codes involved. You don't even have to have a general understanding of HTML or know a bunch of other stuff.

Also, when posting a picture through GW, take the time to preview when you post. If the picture is too big for the screen resize it! You can use the width attribute as in my post above. It's so annoying to see the icon of a failed picture link with no follow up, or, to have to pan around to read the text after someone links a large picture and messes up the format of a thread.

• misterbaby
    14 years ago

Brandon, you are a real asset to this website. Thank you for your participation. Misterbaby.

• larry_gene
    14 years ago

Yes, knowing the bit of HTML code relating to images will cover all situations once the URL of the image is known.

Keep in mind that using the "width" attribute does not affect the image's file size in bytes. A huge raw megabyte camera image may take a long time to appear in the browser window, even if width=400 is used. This is especially true for the significant minority of users still on dial-up access.

A simple program like MS Paint can be used to re-size an image and reduce its filesize.