Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vinegaroon

Apple Rootstocks

vinegaroon
11 years ago

Hello and merry Christmas to everyone. This is my first time posting but I have read pretty much every apple thread posted here, and plenty of others even about crops that don't interest me much. I have found many of them entertaining & very informative. The willingness of some of you regular posters to share your experiences is generous and helpful. Now to my situation and questions. I have an order placed for 20 sticks of scion wood from akero to zabergau. All of the apples we have now are on emla111 which seems to me a fine selection, but I would like to have a little diversity. Towards that end I've ordered some antanovka and am considering malus fusca for a wetter site owned by a nephew. Graft compatibility with either is my primary concern. I've read some suggestions that it can be dicey with both but more likely to be a problem with the swamp crab. Anyone? Perhaps my least favorite orchard task is cutting root suckers back all summer long. Has that been anybody's experience with either of these selections?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville