Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong with my Mango tree. Please HELP

Posted by huhn_oder_ei NSW (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 3:20

Hi,
my mango tree is dying.
My mother in law looked after them for a while (due to us moving a lot). A couple of weeks back there was a really hot day & the plant leaves started to turn brown on the edges.
Ever since it hasn't quite recovered. I have re-potted it recently (it needed a bigger pot) but still no recovery.
One of my mango trees has died already, with the leaves all wilted, top started to die off & then there was some sort of fungus coming up at the bottom of the tree.

Now I hope I can save this one, but I am all out of ideas.
It was placed inside for a couple of days due to super heavy rainfall, but it is back outside in the full sun.

Please help. Has it some sort of disease? Can I save it?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong with my Mango tree. Please HELP

Here a close up shot of the leaves

o

It looks like it was really fried on that hot day.I'd take it out of the full sun for awhile,not complete shade,kind of dappled light if possible and gradually give more light.
What's the potting mix? Brady

o

Hi Brady,
the potting mix is a mixture of compost & premium potting mix. Will try the shade for a while. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here