Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
F/U with dry persimmons Japanese method.

Posted by tonytran 5A Omaha, NE (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 9:43

It turned out very good. soft dry out side and very moist with nectar sweet in the center.

Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: F/U with dry persimmons Japanese method.

Cont,

o

Enjoyed!

Tony

o

Tony,

I assumed you meant "fed up":)

o

MG,

Follow up with the old thread.

Tony

o

Lookin good! I once dried some to that soft dry level but they molded when I then boxed them up. Keeping them hanging will prevent that.

This year I made persimmon fruit leather. I finally bought a Victorio fruit strainer that can pulp fruits in no time at all -- you just drop them in and turn the crank and the pulp comes out the chute. So now I can make fruit leather in my dryer in no time at all. Fruit leather is good for kids, they don't get weirded out by persimmons when they are unidentifiable flat sheets.

Scott

o

Tony, did you massage them at all?

o

Alex,

I did not massage them. I took about 3 weeks for air drying them. Maybe next time I will massage them to see any different in the texture. Some how mime never had that white sugar coating outside the peeled skin like the one in youtube video?

Tony

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here