Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peach tree ooze

Posted by treedan 9/10 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 9:53

i have a fl prince peach tree, it dose not look near as healthy as the tropical beautiy tree at dose, and there are about 4 spots on the trunk the trunk that has sap oozing out. should i spray it with something? nnone of the trees have gone dorment yet and the leaves on it are not as green as the other tree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peach tree ooze

If you remove ooz you may see round hole in bark this where beetle bore into tree and layed egg in there take small wire and punch in there several times each hole this destroy eggs. The beetle are all ready gone from tree this year next watch for beetle around November in your zone.

o

thankyou, i will do that in the morning, the tree is still young about 4 1/2 foot, i just planted it 2 months ago, can these beetles make the tree sick?

o

Yes most time they kill tree I select another are leave that one another if have room borer are bad on peach-trees it may recover it take years.
Two thing you got case to get replacement for that tree. I f bought tree at big box store you pull up take back and exchange it. If got from nursery go there look at what have first you may see more what you have do a little investigate don't tell what doing if don't have any problem with there stock then tell store them, may just give tree are have to bring tree in. If don't have little round holes maybe canker and nursery want want plant back..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here