Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ichi Ki Kei Jiro persimmons forgotten in the Frig after 2 months

Posted by tonytran 5a Omaha, NE (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 10:36

I forget about a dozen Ichi Ki Kei Jiro persimmons I harvested in late October and they have been sitting in the fruit section of the Frig for two months. They are very soft but not watery now and little less sweet as when I first picked them. I guess you can harvest these guys early while they are still in a light yellow and crunchy and store them for at least 2 months in the Frig for later use.

Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ichi Ki Kei Jiro persimmons forgotten in the Frig after 2 mo

What other methods to preserve persimmons?

o

I think most of them store very well, and better if they are not starting to soften prior to going in the fridge. I have some Maekawa Jiro that have been in fridge for well over a month. I pull out a couple to finish up every few days.

As far are preserving They all dry excellent. I think the non-astringent in general dry better, but don't wait until they soften to slice and dry them.

o

You may want to try freezing a non-astringent persimmon, and then thaw it out a few days later to sample it. If it suits your tastebuds, freeze a bunch of them for future eating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here