Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My orchard plan

Posted by ahajmano Sunset 23 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 11:37

Hi all,

Check out my orchard spreadsheet! I figured i needed something to keep track of all the trees I have. Now i can pinpoint the next tree by assessing the ripening times.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My orchard plan

Nice variety....are the dates based on your actual area or just from catalogs and such? I see you don't have any for the figs/bananas/grapes..

o

just got lazy and didn't add the figs, bananas, grape ripening times. I wanted to make sure the stone fruits bore fruit throughout the seasons.

I used the growers dates from central California ( i am in southern semi-coastal), so they should be close, but at least the dates were all from one source.

o

You must be talking about dave wilsons ripening chart. I used that too when I decided what fruits to plant. I'm sure they'll be a little of since it's based on their location, but the general idea knowing what is early/mid/late is really helpful.

If anyone wants to see their chart I linked below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruit Harvest Chart

o

Sweet. In fact, I referenced L.E. Cook's information on a variety to variety basis. Wish i knew about that link earlier, would have made it easier. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here